To view our 2018-2019 class list, please click here
Click here to download the PDC Requirement Shoe Form.
Dance Class Description
- Preschool Dance: A full hour class where the child will have 30 minutes of tap and 30 minutes of ballet. Ages 3-4
- Tap: A full hour of tap technique and routines for ages 5-adult.
- Jazz: A full hour of jazz technique and routines for ages 5-adult.
- Ballet: A full hour of barre exercises, French terms, and floor combinations for ages 5-adult.
- Hip-Hop: A fairly recent development in dance that started on the streets of big cities. It now has its own vocabulary. Sneakers are the favored shoes.
- Lyrical: A style of dance that combines elements of ballet, jazz, and modern to convey the emotional content of a story or lyrics using gestures, facial expression, and movement.
- Modern: A style of theatrical dance developed in the 20th century breaking with Western ballet tradition that showcases an individual’s self-expression. Graham Technique
- Musical Theatre: A type of theatre that combines music, song, dialogue, and dance to communicate the content of a Broadway musical. Some famous musicals are A Chorus Line, Phantom of the Opera, Hair, Wicked, West Side Story, and Oklahoma.
- Premiere Ballet Etudes: An opportunity for students to further master their skills and work on technique without having to compete. Students will be divided into levels depending on their ability. Geared to the more serious student who wants to study ballet on an advanced track. By audition only.
- Dance Company: We offer competitive tap, jazz, hip-hop, lyrical, modern, and musical theatre companies for boys and girls who display the desire and skill to pursue dance on a more serious level. By audition only.
- Immanuel Praise: A class that focuses on choreography for ministry purposes in the community. You must be enrolled in a separate ballet class to participate.
- Turns, Leaps, and Jumps: A class focusing primarily on important technical skills that will benefit older students in Junior-Senior Company.
- Stretching & Conditioning: A class to help improve your flexibility, endurance, and strength. A must have for all!
- Zumba: A dance fitness program that utilizes Latin and International music to bring flavor back into exercising. Very popular!